Beef Fajitas are always a family favorite. They provide the wide span of nutrients that all athletes need – protein, vitamins, antioxidants, and carbohydrate.
What’s even better is that these fajitas only take 25 minutes and make 6 servings. Feeding an athlete that needs more fuel? Just serve with a side of brown rice.
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 12 flour tortillas (6-inch diameter), warmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Pico de Gallo:
- 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup prepared picante sauce or salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef Flank Steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine Pico de Gallo ingredients in medium bowl.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve across the grain into thin slices. Serve in tortillas with Pico de Gallo.