Cooking Time: 25 minutes.
- 1 recipe Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 frozen waffles
- Toppings (optional): Sliced cheese, spinach, avocado slices, hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, sliced peppers
- Prepare Country-Style Beef Breakfast Sausage.
Basic Country-Style Beef Breakfast Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef (93% or leaner), 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1 teaspoon garlic power, 1 teaspoon onion power, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape sausage mixture into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add patties; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat separate skillet over medium heat until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are scrambled or prepare as omelet as desired. Toast frozen waffle according to package directions.
- Top each of four waffles with a sausage patty. Divide eggs evenly among sandwiches. Top with remaining waffles.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.