Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (95% lean)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted, drained well
- 8 small flour tortillas (6 to 7-inch diameter)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Heat oven to 400°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Stir in salsa, beans and corn; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until thickened and heated through.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange 4 tortillas on baking sheet, overlapping slightly, if necessary. Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese evenly over tortillas. Spoon beef mixture evenly over cheese; top with remaining cheese and tortillas. Spray top tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake in 400°F oven 11 to 13 minutes or until quesadillas are lightly browned and edges are crisp. Cut into wedges to serve.
Cook’s Tip: Serve with a simple Mexican-style coleslaw of packaged coleslaw tossed with sliced green onions, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.