Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heart healthy or regular pasta sauce
- 4 crusty Italian bread rolls (5 to 6-inches each), split
- 4 tablespoons giardiniera, drained (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 2-inch meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 18 to 20 minutes.Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Heat pasta sauce according to package directions in medium saucepan. Add hot cooked meatballs to pasta sauce; stir to coat evenly. Divide meatballs and sauce evenly among rolls. Top evenly with giardinera.