Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups packaged broccoli or coleslaw mix
- 4 medium whole grain or spinach tortillas (7 to 8-inch diameter)
- Apple slices, red bell pepper strips, cucumber slices, carrot slices, sliced almonds, chow mein noodles
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings, as necessary.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Stir in water, quinoa, ranch dressing mix and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Stir in slaw; cook, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until slaw is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Divide beef mixture evenly among tortillas; garnish with toppings, as desired. Fold over sides of tortillas and rolling up to enclose filling.Cook’s Tip: Romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves can be substituted for tortillas.
Test Kitchen Tips Use a potato masher to break up Ground Beef into small crumbles while browning.