Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
- 6 ounces cooked beef, shredded or chopped into bite size pieces
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 medium flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped or diced green chilies, drained
- Toppings (optional): Sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, guacamole
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add beef and eggs; cook and stir until eggs are scrambled. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Top each of two flour tortillas with 1/4 cup cheese. Evenly divide beef mixture between two tortillas. Top each with half of the chilies and half of remaining cheese. Place remaining two tortillas on top.
- Wipe out skillet. Heat skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook quesadillas, one at a time, 2 minutes or until tortilla is lightly browned. Turn and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes. Cut each quesadilla in half. Cut each quesadilla in half. Cut each half into wedges. Serve with toppings, if desired.