The South Dakota Beef Industry Council is proud to have developed and launch the Build Your Base with Beef Program in connection with Sanford Health and Sanford Sports Science Institute three years ago.
Upon initial pilot launch, we were able to subsidize the purchasing of South Dakota beef as the primary protein for post-game meals for TK high school football teams across the state. In addition to bringing communities together, we also worked to empower families to optimize the healthfulness of the meals that they were feeding their student athletes at home.
The feedback and response that we have received from coaches, athletes, and families has been tremendous. For the 2020-21 school year we are positioned to be working with TK high schools and 3 universities in South Dakota.
Interested in having your school participate in the Build Your Base with Beef Program in South Dakota? Click the button to apply below
Build Your Base SD In the News
- Build Your Base Welcomes Former NFL Player Zach ZennerPierre, S.D. – The South Dakota Beef Industry Council (SDBIC) and Sanford Sports Science Institute (SSSI) announce that former National Football League (NFL) player, Zach Zenner, will endorse the Build Your Base with Beef program. The comprehensive sports nutrition program utilizing beef as the premier protein was developed through a collaborative partnership between […]
- Miss Rodeo America Endorses BEEF Nutrition Program!Pierre, SD – The South Dakota Beef Industry Council (SDBIC) and Sanford Sports Science Institute (SSSI) are excited to have Miss Rodeo America and South Dakota Beef Rancher, Jordan Tierney as the latest endorsee of the Build Your Base with Beef program. This comprehensive sports nutrition program developed through a collaborative […]
- 2020 Build Your Base with Beef ApplicationAttention South Dakota Schools! Are you looking for ways to prepare young athletes and their families for a successful sports season? Think about becoming a part of the Build Your Base with Beef program!
- USD Pre-Season Team Grill OutOn August 14th the SDBIC is proud to sponsor a pre-season team grill out on the USD campus. Open to all collegiate athletes in collaboration with the Strength & Conditioning staff, we will be providing athletes with high quality lean beef burgers while also showing the athletes proper grilling techniques, […]
High Powered Training & Nutrition Tips for Athletes
- POWER At Home WorkoutNeed a quick full body workout? Sanford POWER Strength and Conditioning Specialist Sam Thielen shows you how to incorporate common household items into a great workout.
- Classic Beef Stuffed PeppersVegetable Centric, Protein Powered – Classic Dinner.
- Sanford POWER Mobility Warm Up WalkthroughA proper warm-up and maintaining your mobility is a key part of high level athletic performance. Sanford POWER is here to help.